Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Déjà vu

Most people have some form of déjà vu at some point in their life...for some it's rare and for others it can be very often. Sometimes I will have a month with multiple déjà vu's or I can go a span of a few months without a déjà vu. If you are unsure of what déjà vu is you can read a short description about it on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/D%C3%A9j%C3%A0_vu

I had a song déjà vu yesterday. Maybe not quite a déjà vu, but a bit stranger... I had a dream at least a year ago that played a song in the background of the dream. The song was playing in my dream right before I woke up--I even tried to sing/hum it to Chris because I liked it so much. I remembered the tune and remembered the line "turn the car around," and I said to him, "I can't wait till it comes out for real" (because I had never heard the song before). Sure enough, I found the song a couple days ago--first heard it online (listening to the radio online) and then I downloaded it from itunes...And it hit me--that was the song! I recognized it from the tune and from it's "turn the car around" line. The song is called "Shattered" by O.A.R.. ...interesting that I had a pre-cog dream about it before the song ever came out. Chris even vaguely remembers me singing the "turn the car around" line to him after I woke up from my dream. What is also interesting is that I couldn't have heard this song before because the cd with the song just came out for the first time within the last month--maybe out and about in the last two months at most.

I have another song I'm waiting on to come out too, it was a dream where I was shopping at Gap and the song was playing in the background. A really annoying song though, so I can't remember too much about it other than being annoyed by it.