Saturday, August 9, 2008

Gap Song Found (!)

This has got to be a strange week....or significant in some way?

I woke up early this morning and got into itunes--clicking on songs to see if any were worth buying. I clicked on a song and sure enough--there was the annoying tune I heard in Gap (in my dream)! It came back to me really quickly because this one part of the song is just so annoying and very unique from anything I had heard before. The song? American Boy by Estelle. The part I remember very distinctly?

lyrics:
Take me on a trip, I’d like to go some day
Take me to New York, I’d love to see LA.
I really want to come kick it with you.
You’ll be my American Boy, American Boy.

Strangely these are the only two songs (with the O.A.R. song that I recently ran into) I really remember having in dreams that I have never heard before. This is a first for me!

Now the actual dream... Chris and I were both at Gap. Chris was with me but was somewhere else in Gap at the time. I had just come from looking at something and walked to the left around a taller (about 4') glass display table. There were jeans on top and there was a couple walking around the other side (white guy thinning light brown hair and girl medium brown hair, late 20s) having a conversation about something which I remembered after the dream, but I can't recall anymore. I walked over to some tall display shelves (looking towards the direction of the back of the store) and noticed some new Gap products I have never seen before--the products seemed out of place at the time in the dream because I had never seen Gap carry these products, but they would be some type of body product (lotion, perfume, makeup etc) that had different colors to choose from all displayed on one of the shelves with the other body related products.

After maybe 30 seconds of looking at these products and then picking one up, I felt sudden burst of warm wind, a sharp warmth on my back, I blacked out and woke up from the dream. After waking up I thought to myself that it had to be some type of bomb, but I didn't actual see it or anything suspicious... It felt very real though.

I very likely wrote this dream down (as I do usually write these things down) but I'll have to do some searching for it in past journals. The dream was at least a year ago--I know that much. But I will have to look back to see if there are details I have forgotten since.

If you are in Gap and you hear the 'American Boy' song my advice is to get out as soon as possible. ;)