Friday, August 1, 2008

Togei to Hanabi (pottery and fireworks)

It has been a really great day today.

I had my Japanese class this morning and then pottery this afternoon. In pottery I am now being taught how to use the electric wheel! :) I had been making pottery by hand up till now, but now I get to actually feel the slimy clay spinning between my hands! And it is wonderful! I really loved it. I had a hard time preparing the clay for the wheel (process of kneading that it must go through), but actually working with it on the wheel felt pretty natural and so therapeutic--very meditative and relaxing.

Tonight there are fireworks, and this time even closer to our place. We should have a great view tonight--they did a short test run of the fireworks last night. You can see people getting ready to watch them in the picture below.