Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day <3

A very happy Valentine's Day to everyone :)

Japan does 'celebrate' the American equivalent of Valentine's Day, but the women give the men chocolate (not the other way around). Then there is "White Day" where the men return the favor (March 14th). This morning I gave Chris chocolates and a card I made. We'll go out to eat tonight--maybe that Mediterranean or Spanish restaurant.

I have to say, even though I don't like it so cold outside, I really do like the weather here so far. Some days we wake up and it's really foggy outside. Other days we wake up and it's really sunny. The next day it could be snowing, or raining. I like the variety :) I especially like the sunny mornings though--throwing open the drapes and the sun just streams in--it's gorgeous! Sun streaming inside your house in the morning is a definite luxury--I'll remember that when we seriously look to buy house. It has slowly gotten warmer outside, no vagrant snows recently, and walking outside with just a few layers and a wool coat is enough. Spring may be on its way...

our first houseplant