Thursday, April 10, 2008

Persistent sickness...

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday.

I went to a clinic where they speak English :) so no need for me to pantomime my symptoms. It was a small clinic and the doctor was nice and most importantly, informative too! I have to say it was a much better experience than most of my experiences with the Kaiser doctors I've seen back in the states. I liked the small-clinic feel (felt more personal) and it was great not to feel rushed. The doctor did prescribe antibiotics, and I have felt better since taking them. My sore throat is gone (as far as I can tell) but I still have a cough. I'm hoping with some more rest and tea today I'll be able to lose the cough. Chris is also still fighting off the sickness (his throat still hurts a little). He's hoping to avoid antibiotics, so we'll see how his throat feels in the next couple of days.

Good news--I will be starting work soon! :) (Maybe as soon as next week) I will be working part time with the company I worked for back home at a branch office in Tokyo. I'm looking forward to getting back into something familiar, and I'll get the chance to meet people from the Tokyo branch. But more details to come in later blog entries.