Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Everyday Day















Wednesday afternoon... A normal day I guess you could say. More grocery shopping today, cleaning, laundry--the things you are expected to do when you aren't off working in an office someplace :)

Passing thought...I'm wondering if most elderly Japanese people hate foreigners until the foreigner does something incredibly nice or proves themselves "worthy" of being respectable. I get these vibes of contempt from many elderly people I pass by, but...on the other hand, the times I have been very nice (e.g. given my seat on the bus, said excuse me, etc) they have been the most gracious people. I realize lumping every Japanese elderly person in the same category is naive, as I'm sure it depends on the individual, but can we understand people without trying to categorize them first?