Thursday, January 24, 2008

Peaceful outside

Today is a good day. It feels peaceful outside...never thought I'd say that about a city, but it feels peaceful. It's sunny, the bay water is a deep blue color, the sky is a light blue, birds are flying past the window, the air feels clean and crisp...and everything just seem a little more alive.

I more or less finished organizing all our things that came in yesterday from the shipment. We have a few paintings to hang, but other than that, everything settled in its place. I did grocery shopping this morning, bought a cutting board and tea kettle, and then stopped by an English school for kids to see if they might have any job openings. The manager wasn't in, and from what it sounds like, they do their hiring at another location, so I will need to visit the web site for more information about job openings. It would be a great location though; it is about a 10 minute walk from our place.

I don't have anything in particular I want to write about now so I'll list some of my random discoveries about Yokohama:

-Chris and I continue to see many elderly people
with a scowl on their face.
-Seagulls here are spotless! They have bright white feathers
and bright orange legs and feet.
-Flan/Custard desserts are very common here--
a definite plus as custard is a great dessert!
-The fruit I buy continues to be REALLY good here
and looks flawless. I wonder if it is real? ;)
-The veggies are good too!